Sunday, February 24, 2008

The meaning of life

Who isn't on a quest for their best life? What is the secret? What is the meaning? Why am I not happy more that I am? I am reading A New Earth by Eckhart Tolle and I believe this will help anyone find a more fulfilling life. I know meditation is a key but I'm not doing that. I am also reading Eat Pray Love and that is a great read. In that book I was relieved to find out it's not that easy to meditate and you should learn from a Yogi. For some reason the message I am getting from A New Earth is easily digested and hopefully easily applied to one's life. The nutshell is check your ego, don't judge, don't attach, and don't resist. Don't attach yourself to any outcome. Don't resist the uncontrolable bad things that happen to you. Go with the flow. When you resist anything, you resist the whole universe. If you cloud you head with negative thoughts and emotions you will miss an opportunity for the better solution. I recommend everyone read this book for everyone's further enlightenment.

3 comments:

Distressing Delilah a.k.a. jenn said...

hmm got me thinking about reading that...had been meaning the purchase the secret though.

MyStringTheory said...

I really enjoyed Eat Pray Love too. My boyfriend is really into Tolle! Glad to see a fellow crafter on a wonderful quest!

Rachel said...

I am reading it right now and for some reason it's making me go unconscious! I get through 2 pages and fall asleep. I usually breeze through books like this. Perhaps my ego is slipping me tranquilizers. :)